Networking modules are hardware devices that can be used to expand existing network systems by adding new interfaces. This is often accomplished by plugging them into a switch or router. A network module, such as an ethernet module or a Fiber Channel (FC) card, acts as an adapter to link your gadget to a network via the new interface. The S2E network module sets a new standard for UV curing equipment control and process monitoring. It allows up to 300 UV curing equipment (S2000/S1500) to be connected to an Ethernet network for remote web programming and overall production activities. The Omnicure ethernet adaptor is designed to save time on maintenance and keep production going smoothly.
The following are some of the advantages of utilizing the S2E Module:
- With OmniCure Monitoring Station software, you can save time on maintenance and keep production operating smoothly.
- With continuous operating data logging, you can trend and estimate maintenance requirements in advance.
- Improve visibility of production activities and immediately identify issues that might lead to waste or rework.
- With real-time email notifications, you can increase productivity and save time by spotting system flaws.
Importance of a network module
A module’s primary purpose in a computer network is to facilitate data interchange supported by various control systems. Furthermore, they are designed to be installed, changed, or serviced independently. Each network module, based on its design and nature, can be set for a specific function, such as:
- Allow legitimate connectivity between the computer system and the manufacturing facility.
- By default, it provides a substantially faster data transfer speed than it now provides.
- Control the security of the computer network based on the data it delivers and receives.
- Reduce the amount of wire and save space in the control cabinet.
- Work in the same way as a general communication network module.
Various types of network modules
- Network modules for ethernets / Ip
These modules were created to provide excellent performance through a thorough Ethernet/IP program, one of the most popular since it supports the world’s most well-known networking protocol. Considering how simple, quick, and inexpensive it is to install. These modules now have an Ethernet-based technology that allows them to function more effectively and incorporate drive technology, one of their most important advantages. They also stand out for their ease of use and high security since they can block IP addresses to prevent them from being changed by mistake.
- Network modules for EtherCAT
EtherCat is specified as an open-source computer protocol with excellent performance, and thus there are network modules that are compatible with it. As a result, these elements are minimal in cost, have simple handling, have a flexible topology, and are highly efficient. Furthermore, he permits the coupling and decoupling of components during operation. As a result, they are modules that may be used in both central and decentralized designs. They can also combine subordinate field buses, support up to 65 nodes at a distance of up to 535 meters apiece, and have been compliant with an international standard since 2007.
- Network modules for DeviceNet
These are network modules based on DeviceNet, an automation industry communication standard for connecting control devices for data transmission. Who are focused on meeting the highest possible standards and, as a result, rely on a robust networking and connection program.