You should know that retail products tend to feature placement, which is something that shop staff should undertake and consider. As a result, numerous retailers worldwide tend to plan product placement to achieve the best-selling results.
They tend to conduct reflection, feedback, and research, which is why you should know more about it beforehand. The first thing to remember is FMCGs or fast-moving consumer goods and their location within your store.
Generally, we are talking about affordable and popular goods among your customers daily. If you wish to learn more about product placement, we recommend you to enter here for additional understanding.
For instance, FMCGs include just-in-case meds, toilet rolls, candies, and many other things that you can place in an area where people could see them, which will urge them to conduct a purchase.
That is the main reason why you should understand everything about the psychology of placement in stores, mainly because that will help you boost your income, sales, and profit, among other things.
It is essential to start from the definition and understanding what product placement is in the first place.
What is Product Placement?
When it comes to product placement, you should know that we are talking about a critical scientific study that can help us determine the store environment’s impact on consumers.
As soon as a customer enters the shop, it would be best to design a path for him/her by using insights that can help you with the process.
Another study we have to mention here is planogram, which is a model that will help you determine the best place where you should put your items to obtain the sales.
We can differentiate numerous factors that will affect the way you are placing your items and stuff inside. Therefore, you should think about factors such as the amount of square foot, lightning, items that sell best, and demographics of potential customers.
Besides, it would help if you thought about window space, the width of aisles, the usage of mirrors, and other factors that will affect the way you plan an entire store.
Tips to Create Proper Retail Product Placement
It is vital to understand that you have power over your customers, which is why you can implement proper product placement in stores that will boost your profits. That is the main reason why you should consider these tips beforehand:
- Essentials Should Be at The Back of the Store – Remember that by placing essentials at the back of your store, the customer has to walk through other items before getting bread, milk, and other important things. That is the main reason why you should place best-selling products in the farther areas of your store, to ensure that you boost the sales in general.
- Place Things With Bargain Price Close to the Doors – It is vital to place biscuits and cakes that feature bargain prices next to the storefront so that passers can notice them as soon as they decide to enter or finish with buying. It would help to combine them with other luxury items, which will increase the chances of consumers buying them in the first place.
- Most Popular Products Should Be At Eye Level – Another essential consideration you should remember is that consumers will scan things around them, so you should place the most popular items at eye or buy level. Since most people are right-handed, you should consider this particular side first. On the other hand, if you wish to aim products at kids, we recommend you to place them lower on the floor so that they can notice them.
- Impulse Products Should Be Next to Customers Queue – If you decide to place impulse buys next to a waiting line, you are more likely to sell them. You have probably purchased chewing gum, for instance, while waiting for your turn, which is something you should do for your store as well.
- Complimentary Items Should Be Together – We recommend you to place floor detergents next to mops, batteries next to electrical goods, which will help you sell them in combination. On the other hand, if you wish to create placements for clothes shops, it is vital to place entire outfits together so that people get the urge to buy them in the first place.
It is vital to visit this link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hj6mi so that you can learn everything about the psychology of placement.
As you can see from everything we have mentioned above, understanding the psychology behind product placement is crucial for boosting your sales and profits.